Welcome to our web-site of the Ekopark - The Royal National City Park
The Ekopark - the world's first National Urban Park
- is situated in parts of Stockholm, Solna and Liding municipalities.
The National Urban Park was founded 1995. We call it The Ekopark and it
offers a unique mixture of nature and culture. Because it+s located right
in the middle of the city it+s important for recreation of thousands of
On our web-site we present the fantastic environment
represented by the Ekopark, its history, our policy programme and the
work we do in safeguarding, maintaining and displaying the unique natural
and cultural values the Ekopark embodies.
guide offers the 50 member organisations and other stakeholders in the
Ekopark an opportunity to list different events in their own programmes.
The maps - both the general survey maps and the detailed maps - of the
various areas in the Ekopark have been highly praised. They are the work
of Ann Nyström whose e-mail address is email@example.com
SOME FACTS ABOUT EKOPARKEN
* 26 km2 in total - 18 km2 of land and 8 km2 of water >>
* Unique, rich and well-known biodiversity
* Many rare species - this is the only place in Sweden that som plant
and insects are found
* Probably the densest population of giant oak trees in Europe
* Hundreds of protected and architecturally unique buildings
* The most frequented urban park area i Sweden
* The most frequented tourist destination in Sweden
* Four Royal Palaces can be seen during a sightseeing tour.